October 11, 2018

Blackboard Discussion Posts

This page showcases the discussion posts in which we were prompted to write in response to a certain prompt.

Response to “Technological Innovation”

The technological innovation which appealed to me the most would have to be the Google Pixel headphones which allows people of different language to communicate. One user speaks into their phone and one user wears a pair of ear phones which will translate the language they are being spoken to in. For example, if you wanted to ask a person something but you didn’t speak their language, by using these headphones you are now able to do so. Also, there are a variety of language which can be used. The reason this is appealing to me is due to the fact that it is such a great idea that has just recently been thought of. We have had language translators on Google in the past but I feel as if they really don’t do much in terms of breaking the languageĀ barrier which exists amongst humans. This innovation will crush the languageĀ barrier and allow everyone to communicate with each other regardless of their language. This idea stood out to me because when I read it I thought, it was so simple and it could’ve been executed years ago. Nevertheless the innovation is amazing and has the potential to bring people of all languages together.

Peer Response

Nabeel, I agree and I also found this innovation to be the most appealing to myself. It is simple idea but I think that is one of its advantages as its a step towards something greater. By being a simple, I hope to see more complex ideas branch from it. What do you think about the limitations of the current idea? How should they be fixed?

Professor Response

I’d like to know what each of you thinks of the limitations.